Everything about yachting and sailing for beginners and experienced sailors
The more engaged yachting and sailing, the more you open it the mystery behind the mystery, forcing tremble stories of our fellow travelers or enthusiastically listening biographies of people bypassed for example around the globe, and perhaps win a local club race, but that for you is more important than all the world tour.
Our profile of yachting, we specifically created to help you to reveal these secrets. And here it comes not only to fine-tune the sails in the race, not at all! Take for example yachting clothes or shoes or dive into the study of the history of yachting in Russia … All in your hands!
If you are interested Coast casual style, then for you we have prepared an article about the yachting fashion. After all, do not forget – you are on the boat, and it’s not just sports equipment, it is a certain style, life style if you want, but rather in the style of life yahtinga.V this section we will share with you the most interesting historical facts from the life of sailing, flipped through the pages magazines and books, as well as delve into the latest achievements of sailing, read interviews and biographies of famous yahstmenov, Draw a wealth of experience from the books of yachting.
We purposely smashed all threads into several sections, where each of them taken by a variety of topics. Do not be lazy and go to the section Personalities in yachting, read their interviews, then check out the article for beginners about the culture of behavior on the boat, and then look at how developing sailing in Moscow and only then proceed to the study of a variety of classes of yachts.
We very much hope that our view of the yachting and our article about the sail will help you to learn the best way of sports and recreation on our planet! [/ Vc_column_text]
Puts things pick up suitcases, pick clothes
1. Lay the only thing soft, easy folding bags or backpacks. In no case do not bring suitcases! They were nowhere to be removed, because place on the boat is limited, and you’ll have all the time to stumble on them. Agree, you will just not comfortable with this. Expanding all his things out, you can always find a place for emerging sumki.2. It is advisable to take care of special shoes. Footwear for the yacht to be on a white sole, because black shoes left on the deck hard washable tracks. Shoes should sit tight on the leg, do not fly during the walk and have a comfortable zastezhki.3. Think in advance about the clothes. Set yachting clothes depends on the time and place of travel. But in any case, you will always come in handy hats, sunglasses, T-shirts with long sleeves, which will protect your hands and torso of sunburn, as well as special yachting gloves that protect your hands when working with shkotami.4. Sunscreen with the highest protection factor. Remember that the sun’s rays reflected from the water surface, “work” much effektivnee.5. If you are going to rest on the yacht, and the temperature of air and water has to bathe, do not forget bathing suits, fins, masks, ochki.6. Pre-assemble the “road first aid kit.” We recommend that you pre-purchase a remedy for motion sickness. As a rule, it is not required, but it is better to be prepared for anything. So do not be superfluous painkillers funds from digestive disorders, adhesive plaster, fever sredstva.7. If you are a fisherman, feel free to bring your bait !!!
What is not necessary to take the boat?
Now a few words about how we should not take the boat: 1. Bed linen, towels, blankets, pillows tend to be on board and included in the cost of renting a yacht. If, however, the design of the boat you gave up all this, you have to take everything with soboy.2. It is not necessary to bring the dishes! All this is on board. An exception can be made for a thermos.
Enjoy your vacation on a yacht!
You first came on board the yacht and you feel that the world was right at your feet!
Sail – this is freedom! Freedom within the rules.
On the one hand – the yacht gives it the freedom opens up a new world of which many can only dream of, but on the other hand on the boat, whether sailing or motor, always follow a set of rules, as the first is a technical means of increased danger in second is the verse can most directly affect your swimming and thirdly, there are a number of rules that nazyvayutsya- and good seamanship, following which your voyage will be successful and you will receive only positive memories of the cruise or take part in the sailing regatta. We can add another concept – yacht ethics, which involves yachtsman from ethical conduct on a yacht, so it is.
So, all in order
You stepped onto the deck of the yacht. For your holiday was not spoiled by minor troubles, you need to know and observe a number of rules of conduct on the yacht. The first and most important rule of behavior on a yacht – fast and unquestioning execution of Captain. Friends, we just want to distinguish between two concepts – the captain and the ship owner. The shipowner is a natural or legal person who is the owner of the yacht. Captain – a term signifying official in charge of the command of the ship and liable for the actions of the team, and which has the Navigation form. Remember, the captain is not your servant, he is someone who is responsible for the safety of the ship and the main thing – your safety, that is, security team.
According to the captain – the law!
Here are the highlights of the behavior of the yacht:
1. According to the captain – the law! His commands are not discussed or questioned. If you have a complaint to the captain, they can discuss with him just on the shore when the boat is moored.
2. The captain has the right to charge you on the beach and you do not go out to sea for failure to orders, as well as a flagrant violation of safety regulations or accepted standards of behavior.
3. During the transition yacht prohibited the use of any narcotic drugs or alcohol.
4. All the technical items to help manage the yacht, to monitor the boat that you use on the boat must be returned to the place exactly. Objects – a pen from the winches, hand compass, binoculars, etc. Etc..
5. Save water on board fresh water is limited, and its completion is not always possible, if you have long passages out of marinas.
6. Wash the deck should be performed only when zadraennyh hatches.
7. Extra care observe when working in the galley (kitchen), especially if it happens to go under sail. Most cases of traumatic happening right here (the most common – burn).
8. Do not walk on a yacht in coastal shoes! You can not go on a boat in dirty shoes, shoes with a black mark on the sole and heel. The yacht must use shoes with soft soles light that provides good adhesion to the deck. The most correct to use a special yachting shoes that can be purchased at specialty stores.
9. It is necessary to strictly abide by the safety regulations.
Rules of etiquette
Observe the rules of etiquette. Think about how your actions reflect on you and your companions.
10. Do not throw garbage overboard – either in the harbor or on the high seas.
11. whistle, shout or scream in the parking lot at the marina, mooring or on the move – a gross violation of maritime etiquette. Behave with dignity, because it is characterized as a true sailor.
12. On the boat should wear clean clothes and have a few spare sets, providing a variety of weather conditions.
13. Do not throw the toilet latrine (toilet), even toilet paper – it can easily become clogged. Who clogged latrine, and one of its pumps (cleans), if it is to the point is still possible. During movement latrines must be closed with valves, which are typically located under the sink.
14. Reduce speed when overtaking another boat, and do not create unnecessary wave. Exception – if you are a member of the regatta, but in this case, proceed according to the rules differences yachts at sea and on inland waterways.
15. Respect the local boat owners, treated carefully to their property and berths.
16. Do not look into the open hatches and portholes neighboring yacht – it’s not ethical.
The main rule, supported by law
We sailors are many rules of behavior on the water, but only one – the main thing: to help in trouble. Before the disaster there ranks, all are equal. Today you help someone, tomorrow you can help. Note that in the case of death of the other boats or people who ask for help and you do not have it, you fall under the criminal liability (especially yacht captain).
Rules and Etiquette – your active holiday on a yacht!
Observe the rules of conduct, respect each other, treat carefully to the boat, and then every minute spent on the boat, it will be for you and experience the vibrant and hours turn into days, days into weeks and weeks into months, the freedom and relaxation that is called – yachting and sailing!
Basic commands on a yacht
1. When approaching the harbor or berth, sophisticated navigational water areas never obstruct review shkiperu.2. When approaching the parking lot accurately and clearly execute commands skipper without discussing how best to approach. Even with skipper small experience -You distract skipper and create an element of chaos yahte.3. Get down to the cabin or to the pier always back vpered4. Assess their supplies of water, food and electricity at long plavaniyah.5. When approaching the harbor at night, try not to make noise, as most already asleep, for fun at the harbor there is always a place poluchshe.6. Try not to leave their belongings on board unattended, there is a chance that they will fall in the best case on the bottom ceiling, at worst – will carry them to the bottom more.7. Before going out to sea hand over all valuables in the cabins – the company. Judging by the number of them drowned phones could be huge collection tehniki.8. Wear proper footwear. Heels – contraindicated. Especially on the tick. Sneakers, boots and other shoes with black soles could besmirch the deck. Check it.
Lack of proper yacht education, supplemented by the lack of culture of behavior on the water, is increasingly evident.
Recent years, the closest to Moscow reservoirs dramatically increased the number of all kinds of boats. That in itself is encouraging. Citizens drawn to the water – it is prestigious and unusual and pleasant. For some, it is an essential attribute of a successful life and a beautiful holiday for someone to work for someone sport. Following the increase in the number of vessels the number of newly skippers and captains also increased dramatically. In the recent past, when the attributes of well-being of compatriots were not so noticeable on the water there was a crush. In Soviet times there was a real culture of behavior on the water and plant it by the total respect to the case, which is engaged. Rested cultured, though not in large quantities. There was no such explicit consumer attitudes to the aquatic environment.
And here yacht educational program? It seems to be nothing to do with … the newly-born skipper have time to learn heaps of new terminology, but to link all this with the practice! He quickly read the theory, give it a little bit to try and safely released at will to conquer the home, and not just the water spaces. If a person has a culture – and it is on the water is not going anywhere, and if you do not have it – and then it’s too late to look for. But! What they do not engage in the formation of such things: to foster a culture?
Pre-existing training system mainly includes practice nahozhennuyu, as they say, over the years, and the theory taught in practice. Then the “growing” the captain was the time in which he absorbed the traditions and culture. Mainly by transmitting the experience of senior colleagues. Times are changing, and today no one adheres to the old systems. There is the opposite. Education is speeding up: time is less, the information more. For we do not pay attention to how to throw away cigarette butts and bottles drown in the water. Bad ecology – it’s kind of business of the state. Few people think that in fact the result of the behavior of the individual. Before you proudly call yourself a fashionable word “sailor”, you should first look at themselves, as they say, from the side. Where culture, gentlemen sailors? And this is only one side of the coin.
On a clear day on the water Saturday overcrowded. Chaotic movement reminiscent of the situation in the subway in peak frequency. Because of the huge concentration of boats water literally boils. The number of “ships and steamers” in the property of citizens is growing rapidly and Klyazma they have enough. Predictable trajectory of motion is perhaps that big ships. And the smaller you are, the more chances you have to get under the feet of someone bigger. Lord, traveling on his yacht the size of the ocean “Moscow Canal” from a height of three-storey bridge giants, frankly, do not always have time to see and react to the situation at the bottom. Yes, and do not always want to respond. At the same time their desktop boats are huge, that they are here to walk only at low speeds. Otherwise, the height of the wake wave beyond the banks of the canal, and leaves a long swing some small little boat with sails. Of course, I want to squeeze out at least once before the end of the handle “full speed”, but there is no place here. The desire to stand out natural and understandable to every man, but the consequences of this “separation”, to put it mildly, are not beautiful.
Speaking of speed of movement, there is another point. Traditionally, the field trial sites, giving a great wave should slow down the course, so that the waves do not disperse. What is observed through time. And then a long fight on the boat piers in the wake of the cab. Who says this is not the captains of the rules of behavior on the water – a culture that is !? Apparently, the one who teaches them. And the rapid growth of the number of vessels increases the number of such cases.
Touched issue requires attention of our captains, skippers and helmsmen. In addition, the culture of behavior on the water – it is the product of personal and human growth. And if the captain to it did not mature enough, then, the matter of education to inform him of her.
The lack of culture of behavior on the water – an area of responsibility and the captain, and the training of its organization.
Navigation area “VP”
Domestic non-navigable waters, where there are no rules for navigation on inland waterways of the Russian Federation.
Navigation area “GDP”
Inland waterways (navigable waters), where there are rules for navigation on inland waterways of the Russian Federation.
Navigation area “MP”
Pools (ponds), which established the Marine Cruising, where there are International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea of MAP-72.
Within the area of navigation “MP”, the following types of ship navigation areas:
Unlimited (Category 0) – swimming in the oceans and seas in rough seas with wave heights estimated a 3% to 11 m; Limited (Category I) – swimming in the sea areas in rough seas with wave height maximum permissible 3% probability of 8.5 m, the distance from a place of refuge not more than 200 miles and allowable distance between harbors of no more than 400 miles;
Limited (Category II) – swimming in the sea areas on a rampage with a maximum permissible height of the waves a 3% to 7 m, the distance from a place of refuge not more than 100 miles and allowable distance between harbors of no more than 200 miles;
Limited (Category II SP) – mixed (river – sea) swimming in rough seas with wave height maximum permissible 3% probability of 6 m, the distance from a place of refuge – in the open seas no more than 50 miles and allowable distance between shelter no more than 100 miles – in closed seas, no more than 100 miles and allowable distance between harbors of no more than 200 miles;
Limited (CAT III SP) – mixed (river – sea) swimming in rough seas with wave height maximum permissible 3% probability of 3.5 m, taking into account the specific restrictions on the area and the navigation conditions due to wind and wave regimes pools, with the establishment at the same time the maximum distance from a place of refuge, which must not exceed 50 miles;
Category M-SP – mixed (river – sea) swimming in rough seas with wave height maximum permissible 3% probability of 3.5 m in sea areas specified in the vessel’s classification certificate.
How to properly and safely moor a yacht?
Rough seas and strong wind gusts or changing of the tides sometimes make the parking lot is not so calm.